- Home /
- Our services /
- Business Law
Give yourself the right to succeed!
The legal services group of Bourassa Boyer Juri-Fisc inc. consists of a highly skilled team of lawyers and notaries, specialized in non-litigious matters, Business Law, and Trust and Estate Law.
With their deep knowledge, quick thinking and sound judgement, our experts will accompany you in all the important decisions you’ll make in developing your business. You can count on us as advisors, as well as business partners.
Here is a range of services offered:
Business Law (non-litigious matters)
- Interpretation, negotiation and drafting of commercial contracts such as commercial leases, shared-service agreements, affiliation agreements and license agreements;
- Planning, negotiation and drafting of documents related to purchase and sale of shares or assets, a joint-venture or a merger;
- Drafting of shareholders agreements, partnership agreements, and other agreements related to governance and internal matters;
- Analyzing and drafting of business financing documents such as financing offers, loan agreements, security documentation including movable hypothecs;
- Examination and publication of securities to the Register of Personal and Movable Real Rights (RDPRM);
- Constitution, organization and modification of corporate statutes in accordance with the Business Corporations Act or the Canada Business Corporations Act;
- Advice on trademarks and tradenames;
- Drafting of all types of resolutions for the board of directors and shareholders regarding internal company affairs and governance, as well as the preparation and updating of minute books;
- Preparation of corporate declarations and filings required by government authorities;
- Preparation of all documents related to the liquidation and dissolution of a company;
- Verification and opinions regarding the status of a company;
- Reorganizations, estate freezes, tax rollovers and other tax-related mandates;
- Drafting of living trusts (inter vivos trusts);
- Interpretation and drafting of testamentary trusts and mandates in case of incapacity;
- Advisors to legal representatives, trustees, liquidators during the execution of their mandates and the documentation of these important decisions.
For more traditional notarial mandates, such as residential and commercial real estate transactions and related financings, our jurists collaborate with BSR Notaires inc., another entity within our group, which relies on a number of other notaries in the region from time to time.