- Home /
- About us /
- Our distinct legal entities /
- Bourassa Boyer Juri-Fisc inc.
Bourassa Boyer Juri-Fisc inc.
Legal and Tax Advisors
Bourassa Boyer Juri-Fisc inc. is the part of our multidisciplinary network which offers tax and business law advisory services.
Our team of tax experts is comprised of notaries, chartered professional accountants and lawyers. Since 2006, the firm has operated as a corporation within the multidisciplinary network of BOURASSA BOYER.
The tax team is comprised of experienced and creative tax experts each of whom has a graduate degree in taxation.
Our taxation experts are fully up-to-speed on the ever-changing tax laws and are able to deal with the increasingly complex challenges you face as a result of these legal, business and tax related changes.
For more traditional notarial mandates, our experts seamlessly collaborate with BSR Notaires inc., another entity under our umbrella which counts on a number of other notaries in the region.
The tax team offers a wide range of services for individuals and businesses such as:
- Corporate reorganization;
- Planning and negotiation for merger, acquisition and sale of businesses;
- Business liquidation;
- Estate freezes;
- Business succession and transfers;
- Family trusts;
- Asset protection trusts;
- Spousal trusts;
- Estate or succession planning;
- Preparation or revision of complex tax returns/declarations;
- Assistance of tax audits and representation before tax authorities;
- Settlement of disputes with tax authorities;
- Preparation of US tax returns in collaboration with partners;
- Preparation of voluntary disclosures to tax authorities;
- Consultation and dispute in matters of consumption taxes (GST/HST and QST);
- Testamentary trusts.
The legal services group of Bourassa Boyer Juri-Fisc inc. consists of a highly skilled team of lawyers and notaries, specialized in non-litigation matters, Business Law, and Trust and Estate Law.
With their deep knowledge, quick thinking and sound judgement, our experts will accompany you for all the important decisions you’ll make to develop your business. You can count on them as advisors, as well as business partners.
Here is a range of services offered:
- Interpretation, negotiation and drafting of commercial contracts such as commercial leases, shared-service agreements, affiliation agreements and license agreements;
- Planning, negotiation and drafting of documents related to purchase and sale of shares or assets, a joint-venture or a merger;
- Drafting of shareholders agreements, partnership agreements, and other agreements related to governance and internal matters;
- Analyzing and drafting of business financing documents such as financing offers, loan agreements, security documentation including movable hypothecs;
- Examination and publication of securities to the Register of Personal and Movable Real Rights (RDPRM);
- Constitution, organization and modification of corporate statutes in accordance within the Business Corporations Act or the Canada Business Corporations Act;
- Advice on trade-marks and corporate names;
- Drafting of all types of resolutions of the board of directors and shareholders regarding internal company affairs and governance, as well as the preparation and updating of minute books;
- Preparation of corporate declarations and filings required by government authorities;
- Preparation of all documents related to the liquidation and dissolution of a company;
- Verification and opinions regarding the status of a company;
- Reorganizations, estate freezes, tax rollovers and other tax-related mandates;
- Drafting of living trusts (inter vivos trusts);
- Interpretation and drafting of testamentary trusts and mandates in case of incapacity;
- Advisors to legal representatives, trustees, liquidators during the execution of their mandates and the documentation of these important decisions.
Bourassa Boyer Juri-Fisc inc. is part of a multidisciplinary network which brings under the same banner a group of expert advisors sharing the same customer service vision and professionalism but also structured in order to preserve professional and decisional independence of each of the entities.
It is practical and convenient to deal with our professionals. But, the big upside is that you benefit from a team of professionals who are used to collaborating with each other and who bring their expertise to efficiently satisfy your overall objectives.